As the days get warmer and longer, spending more time outside is always better. For many homeowners, the idea of having an outdoor entertaining space is very tempting, but it can feel restrictive if they can only use it for a few months out of the year. However, your outdoor kitchen space isn’t only for summertime fun! You can enjoy it all year! If you need covered outdoor kitchen ideas to enjoy your space year-round, we can help.
At LanChester Grill & Hearth, we have helped homeowners expand their outdoor kitchen space and enjoy it as the days get longer and warmer and as they start to cool down. There’s nothing cozier than enjoying a freshly cooked meal on a refreshing, brisk winter afternoon sitting by an outdoor hearth and enjoying freshly grilled vegetables and meat.
What Are Some Benefits of Having a Covered Outdoor Kitchen All Year?
A covered outdoor kitchen is ideal for anyone who loves outdoor entertaining and spending time outside. With a stainless steel grill as the centerpiece, your outdoor kitchen can include pizza ovens, bars, or an outdoor fireplace. With these elements, you can create a dream custom outdoor kitchen perfect for hosting friends and family. Berks County’s charming scenery provides an ideal backdrop for an outdoor living area with an outdoor fireplace and kitchen.
- Increases living and entertaining space: An outdoor kitchen can extend your living area and provide extra space for entertaining guests or family gatherings.
- Add value to the home: This extra living space can also add resale value to your home, should you ever decide to sell it!
- Saves energy: During the warmer months of the year, cooking inside can warm your home and lead to higher air conditioning bills. Cooking outside on the grill can help lower your home’s overall energy costs and keep your home cooler and more comfortable!
- Enhances social life: Cooking outside on a grill or smoker can create a fun and lively atmosphere for socializing, eating, and drinking with all your favorite people.
- Healthier cooking: An outdoor kitchen encourages healthier eating and cooking by providing the perfect space to experiment with adding extra vegetables to your meal. No one can turn down grilled corn on the cob or vegetable kabobs!
- Perfect for any season: An outdoor kitchen can be used year-round with the proper heating and cooling elements, offering versatility and convenience. It’s great for when you crave that freshly grilled scent and flavor in the colder months of the year!
- Can be a learning opportunity for kids: Cooking and grilling outdoors can be a fun activity to engage children in, as it can help them understand the importance of taking care around grills and other hot cooking appliances. They can learn new recipes by helping you prepare the ingredients, kitchen techniques by watching you cook, and how to use different spices and seasonings as you add them throughout the cooking process.
- Adds shade and shelter from the weather: When you’re outdoors, unexpected weather can put a damper on your day. With a covered outdoor kitchen, you can continue to enjoy the outdoors but take a break from a light rain shower or an unexpectedly sunny day.
How Can I Personalize My Covered Outdoor Kitchen?
With all the available covered outdoor kitchen designs, you have plenty of options for personalization, and the possibilities for creating the perfect outdoor cooking space are endless. Choose from natural stone and custom outdoor kitchen island designs, or incorporate extra storage into your grill station. Stainless steel appliances and a fire pit add sophistication to the kitchen design, while water features help create a truly relaxing outdoor living space. If you can dream it up, it can be done!
How Do You Choose the Right Appliances for Year-Round Use?
One of the first things to consider for your outdoor kitchen is the appliances you will use. Grill choice is essential, as some grills are better suited to being used all year thanks to features that help them withstand the colder temperatures of winter. Stainless steel appliances are often an excellent choice for those who want to use their grill setup in the wintertime. You will find some grills specially designed to withstand chillier temperatures.
Other appliances have the same concerns attached to them. You want to ensure your outdoor kitchen has things like fridges or sinks that you can use all year. Make sure you prep them for winter and keep them clean and well-maintained so they are good to go whenever you are!
What Kind of Lighting is Best for a Year-Round Outdoor Kitchen Setup?
Because the nights get longer in the cooler months, having adequate lighting is always a concern if you are looking forward to having an outdoor kitchen you can enjoy all year! You want lighting that will illuminate your dining space, but you also want enough lighting for walking paths to ensure your guests’ safety.
The best lighting for your setup depends on personal preferences and how much light you want or need. Whether you prefer the glow of a wall-mounted gas torch or the idea of ground posts, adding more light can mean the difference between calling it a night early or staying up for a few more hours.
Do You Want to Discuss Your Covered Outdoor Kitchen Ideas?
Maybe you’re considering a covered outdoor kitchen with a fireplace, but you aren’t sure if the bar you want to add would be too much for the area. We have you covered when you want to discuss your covered outdoor kitchen ideas! Whether you want to find the perfect grill for your space or you’re interested in installing a fire pit for your guests to enjoy as they eat, we can help. Contact LanChester Grill & Hearth today to learn more about how we can transform your backyard into the perfect outdoor entertaining space!